Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Initiated Into the Kuji-In, Kuji-Kiri!

Post Kuji Seminar Update #1

You know the expression, “when the student is ready, the teacher will appear”?

Well, that definitely appears to be the case for me and the Kuji-In and the Kuji-Kiri this past year. With all the teachings and the manuals and the rare document translations that have come my way in just the last six months – with more on the way, as previous posts note – this maxim is coming true in my own spiritual practice.

The most recent positive development in this regard was my weekend (March 7-8) spent in the Northwest Chicago suburb of Naperville, where I was finally able to gain some group practice time as well as some hands-on initiation into the Kuji with Do-shu Thomas Jotoshi Maienza, the head of the Jizaikan organization and a former associate of To-Shin Do Anshu Stephen K. Hayes, the latter being regarded by many as perhaps the most authoritative source in the Western world on the subject of Kuji-In and Kuji-Kiri.

I don’t have the time to get into much detail right now, so keep checking back over the next few days if you will, please. But in the meantime, here are some of the initial key take-aways for me:
  • this seminar validated everything I have seen so far from the venerable Francois Lepine, and other sources I’ve referred to in previous posts;
  • I got to see and put into group practice, how to arrange one’s practice to facilitate the Kuji-In, and how to cut the Kuji-Kiri grid.

And let me throw this in quickly, if I may: since I’ve returned from the seminar and resumed my own practice in the privacy of my own home and my own little Buddhist alcove, I have noticed a significant boost in the power and intensity of my own practice of the Kuji.

Look for a lot more in some forthcoming posts, one of which will include a warning on the potentially dire karmic consequences one might unleash if practicing the Kuji with an impure motive.

The bottom line? If you are looking to evolve as a human being in ways to facilitate greater and more frequent demonstrations of compassion, you’re good to go. But if you think you’re going to practice this technology to manipulate, exploit or otherwise “get over” on someone else, you risk getting your ass kicked by the Universe. And if you think you’re going to use the Kuji to actually harm someone else, let me know, because I want to get the hell out of your time zone. I want to be nowhere near you, because a great cosmic and karmic boom is about to be leveled upon you.

So, purify your heart by embracing compassion as the motivation for this practice, or stop.

No comments: