Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Preparations Made for Chicago Kuji-In Seminar!

Hey, everyone. I have finalized my plans and made all related reservations for a trip later this week to Chicagoland to get my Kuji on.

The Warrior's Edge martial arts school, in Naperville, IL, a northwest suburb of Chicago, plans a Kuji Mind Science Workshop on March 7-8 with Do-shu Thomas Jotoshi Maienza. The Warrior's Edge is affiliated with the Jizaikan school of ninjutsu. More information can be found at the dojo's Web site: http://www.thewarriorsedge.com/.

Mr. Maienza, the head of the Jizaikan organization, which teaches a form of aiki ninjutsu, is a former associate of To-Shin Do Anshu Stephen K. Hayes, regarded by many as perhaps the most authoritative source in the Western world on the subject of Kuji-In and Kuji-Kiri.

I'm scheduled to take a relaxing ride to Chicago via Amtrak so that I can a) maximize my chances of getting to my destination without interference from the weather, and b) relax and review all of my Kuji study materials on the way to and from.

I will, of course, be paying very close to attention to all the materials and every aspect of the instruction, and looking to compare, contrast and otherwise incorporate it all into the material I have received from Buddhist teacher Francois Lepine and other well-informed, confidential sources.

Check back for an update and for my review on the seminar and how it relates to the other teaching sources. I have yet to decide if I'll take my laptop on the train to Chicago. If I do decide to take it, I'll provide some details here as soon as possible.

Stay tuned!

May the sacred Five Elements of the Universe, all Dharma protectors in the three dimensions, and the vast great Divine Mystery that underlies them all, open the way for my participation in this event, and may their blessing be upon all participants.

So be it for the benefit of all sentient beings.

In the name of the Buddha, the Dharma and the Sangha.

Hai!

-T.N.O.-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ninja Onmyoji,

I feel compelled to post something for you here...for several reasons.
* I am currently a lifetime member of the Mystic Knighthood.
* I study Bujinkan Budo taijutsu at the Denver Dojo of Bujinkan.
* I study Tendai Mykkyo with the Tendai study group, as taught by An-Shu Hayes.
* I was born and raised in Chicago, not far from the seminar you just attended.

I hope the Kuji-In is giving you as much as it is me! Feel free to contact me at any time.

Kongo Gakure

The Ninja Onmyoji said...

Thank you, my buyu!

I so appreciate your feedback and your kind words and encouragement.

Domo arigato!

I too am currently studying in the Bujinkan, but am running this blog anonymously, since so many people in our tradition seem to discourage or otherwise pooh-pooh the Kuji-In. Perhaps I've been too sensitive to some of the political dynamics...

I'll follow-up with you in a private e-mail.

In the meantime, I do hope you'll check in here from time to time. And if you're interested in providing some content of your own here, that can easily be arranged.

May you be blessed, my buyu.

-T.N.O.-