Sunday, January 11, 2009

A New Benefit Found From the Kuji-In: Better Relationships

As I noted in my previous post, I'm in the process of winding down my introductory exploration of the sixth aspect of the Kuji-In, "JIN," which is said to give the practitioner the ability to read the thoughts of others, and to project thoughts onto the minds of others; that is to say, to communicate telepathically -- a (perhaps limited) wireless, high-speed Vulcan mind-meld, you might say.

Well, as you may remember, the third aspect of the nine-fold Kuji-In is the "TOH" aspect, which is said to cultivate harmony.

I've discovered that one of the side effects of these two aspects working together is to improve my relationships with some of the people I'm close with. Nuts? Well, let me explain, or at least illustrate.

I'm increasingly finding that a few of my closest "peeps"and I are sharing thought; that is to say, I may say something that someone close to me is thinking, or vice versa. Now, every body has that kind of thing happen; not a big deal, right?

But the frequency of this phenomenon is noticeably increasing in my own day to day life. And the effect this has is to deepen the sense of connection that I have with these individuals -- we're obviously so literally on the same wave length -- and it fosters this sense of "TOH" harmony with those around me.

I found this happening repeatedly throughout the day today, and on more than one occasion, so much so that it seemed like it was nearly instantaneous.

And I'll also note, in my martial art training, we have periodically worked on various energy drills (energy sharing, energy sensing, energy projection) where you consciously, deliberately, premeditatedly set out to communicate a very specific message, image, sense, etc., to another individual.

And this recent phenomenon is not that. Not ANY of that. No conscious effort on my part to communicate telephatically with someone; not trying to read someone's mind or pick up someone's thoughts; not trying to "send a message." It's just happening.

I was surprised at this unexpected development. Of course, these people are close to me, so I don't have any resistance to getting even closer with them, and I think that has something to do with the efficiacy of this result. The unity and harmony of my inner being, and the openness of my mind to this result, even though it was consciously unintended, has had a lot to do with this coming to pass, I suspect.

This in turn raises a key point when it comes to the Kuji-In, saiminjutsu, and perhaps other forms of visualzation: the more agreement there is within you for a given outcome, the greater the effectiveness of the practice and the higher the likelihood of success or accomplishment.

I hope I'm making sense. For instance, you might think you want to lose weight, and you might practice a given mantra/mudra/mandala (mental image/visualization) to help accomplish this. But if you don't want to cut back on your meal portions or change the content of your diet, and you don't want to work out, you're not giving your visualization anything to work with.

Or maybe you don't want to spend the money to buy new, smaller clothes. Something as simple as this creates resistance that slows, diminishes or perhaps even blocks you from accomplishing what you think or say or believe is a goal of yours. (This might be particularly relevant in our culture here in the U.S. where so many people still like to set New Year's resolutions.)

You might think you want something; to accomplish a particular goal. But do you? Think through things deeply and clearly. Have you considered all of the implications? Are you committed to making the requisite changes -- and dare I say, even sacrifices -- to have what it is you say or you think you really want?

The Kuji-In process helps you align all of the internal parts of your self regarding this; not necessarily on a conscious level; more on an energetic level. But the more light you can shed within your own mind, the more awareness you bring to an issue, the more clarity you will find. Then you can consciously eliminate some of the hindrances to the success you claim you are seeking.

In other words, you can consciously evolve.

I humbly suggest this be considered.

Devotedly yours,

-The Ninja Onmyoji

No comments: