Friday, January 9, 2009

New Seminars and Study Materials!

Hey, everyone. Konnichiwa! (That's "good afternoon" in Japanese, for all gaijin in the house...)

Time for an update on my practice. This week, I'm wrapping up my initial exploration of the sixth aspect of the Kuji-In, "JIN," which is said to stimulate telepathic communication and the ability to know the thoughts of others.

Up next: "RETSU," which refers to the ability to influence or control time and space, as far the ninjutsu interpretation is concerned.

I have plans to eventually post photos of the various mudras (hand postures) to illustrate the precise "finger knitting" that is associated with each of the nine aspects, along with far more detailed info. Time is so often an issue these days. I trust the readers of The Kuji Blog will understand.

In the meantime, this week saw some outstanding developments come my way. First, I learned of two Kuji-In seminars scheduled in the near future. The venerable Francois Lepine has announced some initial plans for a seminar in the Allentown, PA, area, in the eastern part of the state, on Feb. 20-21. More information will be posted here once it becomes available.

I believe he also has one in El Paso, TX, Jan. 16-18. I'm not planning on attending that one, but if anyone else does go, we invite you to share some of your thoughts and experiences with us here.

Also, The Warrior's Edge martial arts school, in Naperville, IL, a northwest suburb of Chicago, plans a Kuji Mind Science Workshop on March 7-8 with Do-shu Thomas Jotoshi Maienza. The Warrior's Edge is affiliated with the Jizaikan form of ninjutsu. More information can be found at the dojo's Web site: http://www.thewarriorsedge.com/.

I'm consulting my schedule to see which seminar I will attend. I also have a key martial arts seminar to attend in early February; that may have an effect on which Kuji event I'll end up going to.

I also obtained on the very same day this week three hard-to-find documents that relate to Kuji-In and Kuji-Kiri. However, since I've been sworn to relative secrecy regarding them, in true ninja fashion, I won't be able to share more details. The good news is this material will help inform my practice going forward and in the preparation of my own training materials. And that will likely result in some improved content here.

Do stay tuned.

-The Ninja Onmyoji-

No comments: